Thursday, June 25, 2009

Raystown - goodbye Ken ride

I headed down to Raystown to do a Farewell ride for my friend Ken who is moving to San Diego. My friend Kim headed down with me as she had ridden the trails a week before and was stoked to hit them again. We got to the parking lot a little late but there was no KEN. More people rolled in, still no KEN. Fast guys who would max my heart rate show up - FORGET KEN, let's go before they get ready!

Our group was great. Good skills, not too much waiting, fun to ride with. We had an awesome ride - one of the best at Raystown yet. All the fun stuff. We got back to the parking lot and waited for everyone to get back. Soon the fast guys returned with Ken! He HAD made it after all! Poor Leah had endo'd and was sporting two bloody knees and some bruises (mostly ego).

We cleaned up a bit and headed down to boxer's for some great recovery beverages and a spicy bean burger- YUM! The food and company were awesome - a great time. Too bad I didn't get to ride with Ken but sharing a great evening with him was enough. He'll be missed!

No comments: