Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm with Stoopid - Friday

Wow! Another Stoopid 50! This year I was again a 'lackey' for Chris Scott. Friday I marked most of the Cooper's Gap area. We had two way traffic on some on the course so this was a little more difficult that it seems. I also need to clear Detweiler of deadfall so I decided I would mark the 2 way intersection at the top of the trail also. So I had a chainsaw and course markers instead of bike tools when I flatted half way up. I decided to continue, jogging and speed hiking between deadfalls and finally got the top marked. Then it was a long run down until I got back to the bike. I decided my sidewall probably warranted a new tire anyway and gently rode the easy sections on rim only.
I made it back to the car about 8:30pm - just in time to tune in to Game 7 of the Stanley cup. I had phoned ahead to Pontzer for shower use so I stopped in at Boalsburg. He had the game on, cold beer, and even dinner. He totally hooked me up after an exhausting day. We watched my Pens win the Stanley Cup then went out on the town to celebrate!

No comments: