Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fat Tire Challenge

Ouch! My legs hurt, my back hurt for a bit. I thought I was lost. Blew through a couple arrows. Got yelled after blowing by some marshalls. It was muddy. It's mtn bike racing!!! If we wouldn't have had epic rains the day before this would have been an awesome course. As it was it was very fun and challenging. I just didn't have it.

But it was awesome to go up with Pete, plus we met up with JL, WV, and the Rich's. I rode the first part with the Highland Hammer but my back forced me to back off near the top of the 2 mile climb. After recovering my legs started to hurt but I hit some sweet singletrack to get my mind straight. I had missed the riders meeting and didn't realize the experts were doing a second lap and there wasn't a course marshall to be seen. So I kept riding sort of tenuously until I found someone who assured me I was good. I had no food with me so when I got to the water station I ate a few cookies and the last 5 miles were a lot better.

WV got lost but still finished first. Peter got 4th SS. JL flatted out while leading the overall. Straub got 3rd overall. Richie was 4th but 1st in our age. I was 3rd in our age so now I'm trying to get a 'cute' dog pic of Ebby wearing my medal!

No comments: