Friday, February 1, 2008

Project 69er


What happens when you put a 29 in fork and front wheel on a 26 inch frame? If you're Chris Eatough you get a bunch of wins and an endurance championship. The rest of us get some funky geometry but a ride that is near perfect for the tough conditions of Pee-AYYY! Here's my fully rigid Titus. It was dissed as HO's Deathtrap but I am really impressed with it. The geometry is a little off for steep climbs but it turns better with the 29 in wheel. The big wheel also gobbles up rough terrain (and I like it rough). It accelerates better and seems a little more nimble than my Gary Fisher. I think I can fix the exaggerated head tube height with a 26 in fork that can handle a 29 wheel. But I'm definitely keeping this baby fully rigid. A possible 1 x 9. Later in the Spring I'm hoping to convert a Fuel to a full squish 69er. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Looks sweet. Can't wait to see what the Full Squish 69er looks like.