Monday, February 25, 2008

Have Skiis, Will Ski

Saturday I broke tracks on the fresh 3 inches on the MosseHanna & AFT. The snow was the best all season. Light, slippery, fast! My pooooooor dog! I had her whupped in 30 minutes. She wasn't enjoying the deep snow. It was probably like running in loose sand. I slowed up for the rest of way and enjoyed scenery like this.Sunday I was tired so the dog and I were a good match. I headed up the AFT and followed a jeep trail to Underwood. It was uphill the whole way, but downhill on the way back. What a beautiful day! My lab finally cooperated and gave me a classic 'paw up' pose.

The snow in the late afternoon was soft and wet. Fortunately the tracks from previous trail users helped the skiing. I even ran into a couple on snow shoes. I don't think I have ever seen anyone do that in PA. Their tracks are huge - like you're following Big Foot! You can see the tracks to the right of Ebby, who is running full bore at me. A big black furball with a long red waging tongue!

No comments: