Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekend that was

Sat: Erdley, Glover, Mikey, and I (+ some mark guy) do the roughest 70 miles I've done in a while. It rained, it was windy, we added some climbs. We waited for the 'other' guy. We worked together well and the speed was the usual. For some reason I alternated between good and feeling like I could drop off the back.

Sun: 28 riders show for an RB Winter ride! This is the largest turnout for any ride that I can remember. Must be because everyone felt bad for Pontzer and didn't want him to have to ride alone. We ripped it pretty good. No major mechanicals and the group kept an excellent pace through the treacherous trails and long climbs. Really impressed the area has so many skilled riders. State College is seriously becoming mtn bike mecca. Please don't tell anyone!

No comments: