Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Raystown Grand Opening

What can I say? It rocked! Great trails, great folks, free food, beer - heaven! Evan (below) deserves multiple beers for his efforts. A one man event organizing machine!

I arrived Friday and did the IMBA/Dirtrag ride. The trails were tight and fast. I quickly found by pumping (as in pump track) I could save spins and really 'feel' the trail. I was behind Maurice (dirtrag) who had the mojo going on the downhills and fired me up as well. I almost got 'bucked off' by the 2nd bump on Grippis and watched IMBA Rich carve up Allie as well.

Saturday we had a huge group - but you wouldn't know it. The trails are so forgiving within a few minutes everyone regroups. 3 different groups converged at the hydro loop exit - 30+ people I bet. After a sip of vanilla porter at the Vista 5 of us added on Rays Revenge. Jay de J. promptly shot of the front with some superlative bike handling on the first downhill. None of us could match his speed! Hoots and hollers followed on trail after trail as we vocalized the emotion - awesome trails!

Sweet Rothrock Kit!

NMBA manning the invisible NMBA tent.

On the trails, kberg and who let the dog out?

Team 7-11 displaying the 'training' that got them kicked off the pro tour (yes camps is double fisting!)

Poster boy didn't show but we kept him with us all weekend (er, he's on the trail map!)

Mike and Brenda at the Vista

Jay de Hey (EWR Cycles) checking out a cool rig.

No comments: